Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Updates

Hey all, sorry it's been a while.

Not too many updates to report. Legs has gone home to Lisa, and from all reports is doing well. He's scheduled to do the Old Dominion 50 with Lisa's husband, Andy (I have a wedding that I'm in that weekend, so I can't do it). If he does well through that, the plan was still to do Virginia Highlands in August, then National Champs in October.

For now, I'm working with Joy's horses, Bad Boy and Winnie. Haven't gotten very far yet, they're not quite trail ready.


I'm also working with Jazz, owned by Kelly Lane. Kelly recently re-injured he
r knee, and would like me to get Jazz ready for a 50 in the fall. I took Jazz out to Newport News park last weekend and we did 17.5 miles. She was GREAT! She's known to be a bit of a spookster, but we had very few issues. Just the occassional sidestep. She flew right by bikers, strollers, hikers, boy scouts, ets. She has smooth gaits and a great attitude, and should be a blast to get ready. Planning on taking her to Beaverdam soon to ride with friends, and will get a converter for Kelly's Brenderup trailer so I can haul it (in case she doesn't like mine). Also, Kelly should be moving her to board at Joy's in a month or so, so I can work with all the horses in the same place. Awesome!

Well that's all for now. Will post GPS stuff when I get around to uploading it. Currently working two jobs, so just trying to stay sane for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment