Friday, April 8, 2011

Training Update and No Frills

This weekend is OD No Frills!

Sarah and I were originally going to take Helo and Aleah for the LD, but unfortunately her rig met into some craziness. Basically, the transmission blew, and when the tow trucks came to get her, they dropped her truck while loading it onto the back of the tow truck (cable broke). It came sliding back and slammed into the trailer. CRAZY! Thankfully there were no horses in the trailer! Everything is getting repaired, but we're not sure it's going to get done in time. So in order not to rush it we're going to hold off for a bit. Horses are ready and raring though, so we've got the calendar in mind and will head up to another ride soon. Maybe Foxcatcher next week, or if not Biltmore or something in SC. We shall see....

I should mention, both horses are currently barefoot and using Renegade boots to train in (http://www.renegadehoofboots.com/). We plan on using glue-ons for competition. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I LOVE training in the renegades if you're going the barefoot route. They are so easy to get on and off, and we really haven't had any problems at all with rubbing or losing boots on trail. In fact, there are lots of blogs out there with tricks and tips to fitting your boots, I'll see if I can't pull some for everyone.

I'm going up to Star Tannery, VA this weekend anyway to hang out with the most amazing Becky Boyce (Legs' current owner) and help out crewing for everyone. Then it's off to party, then back down on Sunday to ride with Sarah again. Should be fun, I can't wait to get away!

No comments:

Post a Comment